Here's the list of books and other items reviewed this month. From today onwards, I'll be compiling the list of books reviewed each month to give you a quick summary in case you miss out on any books.
Every month is a busy month but this month I've managed to review all the artbooks that were on the backlog. By backlog, I mean books that I bought months ago. It feels great to finally be able to clear the backlog because those books have been sitting on the floor at home and piling up.
Alright, here are the books featured this month.
- Sketch City: Tips and Inspiration for Drawing on Location
- A World of Artist Journal Pages: 1000+ Artworks - 230 Artists - 30 Countries
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel - Vol. I: The Land
- Local Color: Seeing Place Through Watercolor
- 1,000 Artist Journal Pages: Personal Pages and Inspirations
- The Wes Anderson Collection
- Blackwater Archives | The Art of The Order: 1886
- The Art of Homeworld
- The New Colored Pencil: Create Luminous Works with Innovative Materials and Techniques
- Sketchbook: Composition Studies for Film by Hans Bacher
- Masterful Color: Vibrant Colored Pencil Paintings Layer by Layer
- Beginner's Guide to Digital Painting in Photoshop: Characters
- 3ds Max Projects: A Detailed Guide to Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Animation and Lighting
- The Sketchbook Project World Tour
- Fantastic Cities by Steve McDonald
- Ni0 Art Works: Nishi's Alluring Figures
- EVE Universe: The Art of New Eden
- The New Creative Artist by Nita Leland
- The Exceptionally Simple Theory of Sketching: Easy to Follow Tips and Tricks to Make your Sketches Look Beautiful
- Drawing Is Magic: Discovering Yourself in a Sketchbook
- This is Van Gogh
- This is Matisse
- Urban Sketching: 100 Postcards: 100 Beautiful Location Sketches from Around the World
- This is Cézanne
- The Visual Language of Drawing: Lessons on the Art of Seeing
- Manga Crash Course: Drawing Manga Characters and Scenes from Start to Finish
I've also reviewed some art products. For those I wasn't able to review, I invited guest artists to write them, and they did a fantastic job with their detailed and informative reviews. I'm grateful for their help.
- Noodler's Konrad fountain pen
- Noodler's Neponset fountain pen
- Noodler's Ahab
- Ugee 2150 Pen Display Monitor
- Derwent Khaki Canvas Pocket Wrap, Pencil Holder
- Bosto 22u Mini Pen Display Tablet
- Escoda Optimo Watercolour Brushes
- Sailor Cross Music Emperor Nib Fountain Pen
- Daler Rowney's Optima Mixed Media Paper
And these below are other miscellaneous books featured, the comics and graphic design books.
- Satoshi Kon's Opus (guest review)
- Jaco the Galactic Patrolman (guest review)
- Logo Life: Life Histories of 100 Famous Logos (guest review)
I just came back today from the Bandung sketchwalk in Indonesia. It was a sketching event where sketchers from other countries were invited. I've shot some video and hopefully can compile them together and share them with you all this week.
For this trip, I brought a 48-page Strathmore sketchbook and managed to fill it all up during my 4 days there. I'll be creating a flip-through of my sketchbook with narration. The sketches will be posted on the blog too and I'll create a PDF e-book which is going to be free for download. The e-book is free because I sketched only 48 pages. By the way, I'm still working on putting the finishing touches to the Hanoi travelogue e-book which will be out sometime this month.
As usual, I need to promote the Patreon page for Parkablogs.
Check out the Patreon page and support me there to support the work I do here. Patreon is a crowdfunding website. The money is used to fund the blog, e.g. hire guest artists for reviews, etc.
Thank you very much!