Welcome to the last monthly roundup on Parkablogs for 2015.
I've looked at the upcoming list of artbooks and realised that I still have a lot of artbooks on that list that I have not featured. It's going to take some time to get to featuring them with whatever new books that are coming in 2016.
Here are all the artbooks featured in December.
- Soppy: A Love Story by Philippa Rice
- The Urban Sketching Handbook: Reportage and Documentary Drawing: Tips and Techniques for Drawing on Location
- Paul Wang Accordion Sketchbook 23
- Hand Sign (Poster Collection)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: The Official Art Book
- The Art of Fable Legends
- Funny!: Twenty-Five Years of Laughter from the Pixar Story Room
- Sleepy Hollow: Creating Heroes, Demons and Monsters
- White Cloud Worlds : An Anthology of Science Fiction and Fantasy Artwork from Aotearoa New Zealand Vol 3
- The Hobbit: The Art of War: The Battle of the Five Armies: Chronicles
- Paul Wang Sketchbook 24
- Graphic Ink: The DC Comics Art of Darwyn Cooke
- About Face: The Art of Jota
- Impressions of Wine Country
- The Sketch-Book Cook
- The Art of Krampus
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Incredible Cross-Sections
- Disney Tribute (and Pixar Too) by David Pavon
- Zawa-Zawa: The Treasured Art Works of Ashley Wood
- The Nine Old Men: Lessons, Techniques, and Inspiration from Disney's Great Animators
- Here & There (Again) by Miguel Herranz
- Covering Print: 75 Covers, 75 Years
- Kaamotsav Volume 1: Mytho Fantasy Erotic Art
- The Art of Kung Fu Panda 3
I also wrote other reviews and invited guest artists to write several others as well.
- Best computer for 3D modelling (2015 selection)
- Best Watercolour Sketchbook for Artists
- Best art markers for artists
- Microsoft Surface Book by illustrator Magge Gagliardi
- iPad Pro & Apple Pencil review by animator Jason Venus
- iPad Pro & Pencil artist review by Rob Sketcherman
Since last month's roundup, my Youtube channel subscribers have increased from 4,500 to 6,000. Wow!
My goal's to create one video daily and that's really challenging. More on that in a separate post.
- Review: Nevskaya Palitra Watercolour Brush
- Drawing A Loose Sketch Without Lifting the Pen
- Does having a large number of colours matter (watercolour)?
- Paul Wang Accordion Sketchbook 23 (Sketchbook Feature)
- Paul Wang Sketchbook 24 (Sketchbook Feature)
- Proper Care for Watercolour Paints to Prevent Mold
- Is it Harder to Dissolve Dried Watercolour Tube Paints vs Pans
- National Gallery Singapore Sketchwalk Part 1/2 (4K)
- National Gallery Singapore Sketchwalk Part 2/2 (4K)
- Artist Review: Duke 209 Fountain Pen with Fude Nib
- Artist Review: Sailor Zoom Nib Fountain Pen
- Random Colours Quin Magenta Gold Ultramarine Phthalo
- Review: Fantastic Cities Colouring Book by Steve Mcdonald
- Review: Da Vinci Maestro Voyage Travel Watercolour Brush
- Mind of Watercolor (Youtube Art Channel Feature)
- Blending Colours Wet on Wet (Watercolour Technique)
- Random Colours: Azo Yellow Quin Magenta Pyrrole Red Phthalo Blue
- Monochrome Watercolour Sketch
- Review: Bee Paper 100% Cotton Watercolor Paper
- Handprint: Most Useful Watercolor Resource (Website Feature)
- Fun with Secondary Colors (with Watercolors)
- Review: Kuretake Sable Brush Pen No 40 & 50
- Merry Christmas 2015 Quick Sketch
- Book Review: Rooftops of Paris by Fabrice Moireau
- Review: Pentel Tradio Stylo Sketch Pen
- Jane Blundell Watercolour (Website & Blog Feature)
- Artist Review: Pentel Pocket Brush Pen
Art Tools and Gears
You can check out past interviews at https://www.parkablogs.com/tags/art-tools-and-gears
Craftsy video tutorials
I'm still waiting for Craftsy to release more videos relating to sketching and drawing so that I can feature more of them. The ones I featured this month are Improve Your Paintings: Luminous Watercolor Mixing by Kateri Ewing and Sketching the City in Pen, Ink & Watercolor by Shari Blaukopf.
Once again, I've to plug my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/parkablogs
For as little at 4 cents/day, you can help the website. That's only $1/month. Every little bit adds up, just like every review I add to my blog.
Thanks for your support as always!