Another book for Harry Potter, a pop-up book, in real 3D.
There are only 6 pop-up spreads but they look massive. And also they look really well designed.
The themes are:
- Dumbledore's Desk: A collectible pop up Howler and surprise package from the Ministry of Magic (only available in Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book!
- Diagon Alley: Shops and buildings, including Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, Gringotts, Eeylops Owl Emporium, Flourish and Blotts, Madam Malkin’s, Ollivanders, and the Leaky Cauldron
- Hogwarts Castle: The castle with cutaways revealing the castle’s interior and grounds – including the greenhouses, Forbidden Forest, Whomping Willow and Black Lake.
- Sports and Games: The Triwizard Tournament, Quidditch, and wizard chess – among others
- Magical Creatures: Hagrid’s hut and a magical menagerie of magical creatures
- Dark Arts: A confrontation between Harry and Lord Voldemort, Death Eaters, Nagini (the Dark Lord’s snake), and more
About the artist:
Andrew Williamson has worked as a lead concept artist on all of the Harry Potter films, including the forthcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I and Part II. Trained as an architect at Cambridge University and certified in 1990, he worked on the new British Library at Euston and a number of commercial and residential projects. His work has been published in numerous architectural publications, The Art of Batman Begins (2005), and he is currently developing a series of comic book projects.
About the book designer:
Bruce Foster has designed nearly 40 pop-up books for publishers, museums, and corporate clients. His publishing clients include Simon & Schuster; Random House; Little, Brown and Company; Melcher Media; Becker & Mayer; Disney-Hyperion; Candlewick Press; Disney Productions; the Museum of Modern Art; and Insight Editions. Bruce has worked with some of today’s leading illustrators and artists such as Chuck Fischer, Mo Willems, The Charles Schultz Studio, Mick Coulas, Sachiko Yoshikawa, Marjorie Priceman (Little Red Riding Hood, Simon & Schuster, 2000), and many more.
About the writer:
Lucy Kee is a professional editor, writer, and Harry Potter fan. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Images below are from Insights Editions.
Visit Amazon to check out more reviews.
If you buy the links, I get a little commission that helps me get more books to feature.