Architectural Drawing: From Imagination to Conceptualization is an intermediate and advanced course on visualising architectural concepts. This course is listed for beginners but it's not for beginners because the course does not cover the architectural fundamentals, e.g. perspective, and instead jumps straight into talking visualisation.
The instructor Pavel Fomenko is an architect, concept developer and creative director with more than 20 years of experience. When you look into his thick sketchbook with beautiful detailed sketches, you'll know this guy is a professional.
To get the most out of the course, you'll need to know basic perspective.
This course is about using using architecture, perspective, composition for presentation. You'll learn to think about what's needed in order to convey the sense of space for interior and exterior, and to present your idea visually with clarity. There's thought behind choosing which view to present so that the viewer understand what he/she's looking at. There is a lot of tips and drawing techniques shared.
Shown above is the big project that's featured in this course. You'll get to look over Pavel Fomenko's shoulders as he complete this project from start to finish complete with commentary.
This course is not those draw-along-with-me courses. This course is about teaching you to think so that you can apply the concepts to your own drawings.
This is an amazing course that's incredibly insightful. It really helps you understand what makes a architectural drawing look good.
If you like this course, check out these other related courses too:
- Architectural Illustration: Bring Design Concepts to Life by JJ Zanetta
- Architectural Drawing: From Paper to Photoshop by David Drazil
- Expressive Architectural Sketching with Colored Markers by Albert Kiefer (this one is fun)
- Artistic Perspective: Interior Spaces from Your Point of View by Carlo Stanga
- Architectural Illustration with Watercolour by Gonzalo Ibanez
- Architectural Sketching with Watercolor and Ink
- Architectural Illustration: Capture a City’s Personality by Carlo Stanga (I like this one)
Oh, check out my own drawing courses too!
Check out this course by Pavel Fomenko and reviews on Domestika.
Price of this course is usually around US $19, but the price will vary depending on whether there are any promotion.
Disclosure: This course was provided free to me for this review. When you buy any course through the Domestika affiliate links, I earn some commission at not extra cost to you