Here are all the items I've reviewed and featured this month. Now that I look at this list compare it with last month's, it makes me feel like I'm slacking off. There's still a pile of books on my floor (I've run out of shelving space) waiting to be reviewed.
My favourite from October would have to be James Jean's new book Pareidolia: A Retrospective of Beloved and New Works. The Art of Halo 5: Guardians is also a damn good artbook.
- Lego Architecture Studio 21050
- Pareidolia: A Retrospective of Beloved and New Works by James Jean
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn The Art of Eorzea - Another Dawn -
- Star Wars: The Marvel Covers Vol. 1
- Doodlers Anonymous Epic Coloring Book
- The Art of Grasshopper Manufacture
- Letter Art: 35 Stylish Letters to Make and Give
- The Art of Illustrated Maps: A Complete Guide to Creative Mapmaking's History, Process and Inspiration
- A Tech Guide for Signage
- The Art of Halo 5: Guardians
- Architecture: Form, Space, and Order
- John Baeder's Road Well Taken
- NOW ~ Yusuke Nakamura Illustration Art works
- Art and the War at Sea 1914-1945
- The Art of Pan
- Hand Drawn Halifax: Portraits of the city's buildings, landmarks, neighbourhoods and residents
- Crimson Peak: The Art of Darkness
- Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History
- Ghostbusters: The Ultimate Visual History
I've to thank Craftsy for providing me these courses for free so that I could go through them in order to review them.
- Travel Sketching in Mixed Media by Marc Taro Holmes
- Drawing Dimension: Shading Techniques by Catherine V. Holmes
- Simple Techniques for Better Portraits by Alisha Dall'Osto
- Colored Pencil Essentials by Susan Rubin
- Perspective for Sketchers by Stephanie Bower
Nothing much this month from me.
For November, I'll invite someone to write a review for Surface Pro 4. You can expect the same level of detail that you see in the Surface Pro 3 review. I'll probably get someone to review the new Apple iPad Pro and Apple Pencil too.
Most of my time this month went into producing videos for my Youtube channel. I'm surprised that I managed to put out a video daily. Maintaining a Youtube channel is definitely not easy.
Since my last post, my Youtube channel subscribers have increased from 2,200 to 3,200. The videos get a 3,700 views daily. Wow!
Here are all the videos from October:
- Artist Review: Lamy Safari Fountain Pen
- Perfect Sketchbook 10x7 inches with Fabriano Artistico paper
- How to clean a fountain pen
- Travel Watercolor Brush Review and Comparison
- Review: Herringbone Postman camera bag for my sketching kit
- Alkaff Bridge TImelapse Sketch
- Watercolor Sketch with Random Colors: Cad Red Ultramarine Olive Alizarin
- Pencil or Pen First When Sketching
- My Essential Outdoor Watercolor Sketching Kit
- Using White Gel Pens With Watercolour Sketches
- Sketching 365 by Katherine Tyrrell (Artbook Feature)
- Create A Color Swatch Book to Compare Watercolors & Mixtures
- Artist Review: Noodler's Neponset Fountain Pen
- Mijello Mission Gold Watercolors Review
- Timelapse Sketch of Singapore River at Elgin Bridge
- Use One Point Perspective to Sketch Accurate Angles Outdoors
- Citysketch London / Paris / New York (Sketchbook Feature)
- Artist Review: Duke 551 Confucius Fountain Pen
- Waterbrushes vs normal brushes for watercolor
- Watercolor Tubes vs Pans
- Review: Artgraf Watercolor Graphite
- Sketching Hong Lim Park
- Sketching Guilin
- Andrea's Book (Sketchbook feature)
- How to use Zebra G Nib on a fountain pen
- How to Read Watercolor Labels for Pigment Information
- Mixing Watercolor Grays & Black with Convenient Colors (Part 1)
- Artist Review: Wacom Bamboo Spark for Note Taking & Drawing
Please support me on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/parkablogs
Most of the content, reviews, videos you see listed above are created by me alone, with the exception of a handful. I work from 9am to 4pm daily on the blog before going to my official job from 5pm to 1am. It's tough to make a living from blogging online.
If you can't help on Patreon, the other easiest way is to share my website or Youtube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/user/teohyc/videos ) with your friends. Every little bit of help matters.
Thanks for your support as always!