The biggest update for this month is, my baby girl Tiffany is born! My wife Judy has given birth her on March 20 which was more than a week ago. At the time of this writing, Tiffany is 10 days old. She's such an adorable baby. Love her so much.
With the new baby, I'll probably not be able to blog or make as many Youtube videos as before. In fact, I've already slowed down my Youtube video production to just posting a video every two days.
I've been working 14-hour days since 2009 and with the new baby, I'll still be working 14-hour days, just that some of the hours will be devoted to her and of course my family. What this means is I'll probably write more about baby stuff on the blog and accompany them with my sketches. I've already drawn many sketches waiting to post them. There's just so much to learn and write.
Parka Blogs will still focus on art books and art products, just that occasionally, I'll share some of baby sketches with you guys too. I've thought of starting a new blog but maintaining two blogs is going to be a chore.
If you're into Urban Sketching, check out Urban Sketchbook Band I: Skizzenbuchseiten von Urban Sketchern im Deutschsprachigen Raum and Everyday Sketching and Drawing: Five Steps to a Unique and Personal Sketchbook Habit.
- The Big Bad World of Concept Art for Video Games: How to Start Your Career as a Concept Artist
- The Ultimate Concept Art Career Guide
- The Art of Jamie Hewlett
- Urban Sketchbook Band I: Skizzenbuchseiten von Urban Sketchern im Deutschsprachigen Raum
- The Little Book of Amazing Spider-Man
- The Little Book of Captain America
- The Little Book of Avengers
- The Art of Destiny, Volume 2
- The Art of Persona 5
- The Movie Art of Syd Mead: Visual Futurist
- Everyday Sketching and Drawing: Five Steps to a Unique and Personal Sketchbook Habit
- Logo-a-gogo: Branding Pop Culture
- The Art of Ferdinand
- Paint with the Impressionists
The reviews for Parblo Coast16 and XP-PEN Deco 03 will be up in April. Reviewing electronics is time consuming so I don't think there's going to be many in April.
- MaimeriBlu Watercolor (Introductory Set of 6 tubes)
- HKC B4000 23.8-inch Monitor (Budget IPS)
- Bee Paper Company Watercolor Art Journal
- Lovely Chameleon (Benu Fountain Pen)
- MEKO 2-in-1 Stylus (2nd Gen)
- Rainbow Scratch Paper
- Aussie Red Gold + Quinacridone Liliac + Sleeping Beauty Turquoise (Limited Palette)
- Adonit Ink Pro
As mentioned earlier, my new schedule is a video for every two days.
- Sketching the Dakota Playground That's Supposed to be Torn Down
- Parblo Coast16 Unboxing and First Impression
- Review: MaimeriBlu Watercolor (Introductory Set of 6 tubes)
- Sketching at Pang Sua Pond (Feb 2018)
- Review: The Alhambra Sketchbook by Luis Ruiz
- The Perfect Sketchbook Group Show
- An iPad stylus that connects to the audio jack?
- Sketching the Giant Dogs in Chinatown
- Review: Watercolor Journal from Bee Paper Company
- Review: Huion Kamvas GT-191 Pen Display
- Review: Learn to Paint in Watercolor with 50 Paintings by Will Freeborn
- Tonal Value with Watersoluble Graphite (tutorial)
- Review: XP-Pen Artist 13.3 Pen Display
- Review: Island Breeze from Benu Pen's Briolette collection
- Cafe Sketching at Otto's Deli Fresh
- Review: HKC Q320 Pro Budget Monitor (32 inch 1440P)
- TIffany Meet & Greet (LIVE STREAM)
How to support Parkablogs
1. If you find my blog useful, do support me on Patreon.
Patreon is a monthly subscription service where you can pledge a certain dollar amount to support the creator you like. You can edit your pledge anytime afterwards.
Your Patreon support has been a tremendous help to me. I managed to save up enough money to rent a place to stay at with my wife and kid. The savings certainly made things less stressful.
Now that I've a kid, you can go behind the scenes on Patreon to see what I'm up to. There will be no lack of baby sketches there. lol.
2. Getting your stuff through affiliate links
When you buy stuff through the Amazon and Book Depository affiliate links, I earn a little commission at no extra cost to you.
Your support funds the blog and is the reason why I can create so much content. So thanks a lot! Really appreciate your help as always.