2016 feels like a long year to me. I'm glad that it's finally over. I've featured close to 200 artbooks this year. It's scary to even think of how much money I've spent on artbooks.
As I look at the list of upcoming books, I realise that my work will never end. I've reviewed a good amount of books that came out this year, but there are still many that I've yet to review.
I hope the reviews have been helpful to you. Here are the books featured this month.
- John Salminen - Master of the Urban Landscape: From realism to abstractions in watercolor
- The Art of Metal Gear Solid V
- The Art of the Film: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Inside the Magic: The Making of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- IX Krenz's Artwork
- Hubert by Ben Gijsemans
- The Art of Battlefield 1
- Marvel's Doctor Strange: The Art of the Movie
- The Art of Dishonored 2
- The Simple Secret to Better Painting: How to Immediately Improve Your Work with the One Rule of Composition
- The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Beautiful Minecraft by James Delaney
- The Art of the Trolls
- Furrie & Shortie Issue #1 - Be the Most Wonderful You
- The Art of Gears of War 4
I took a break from reviewing art products. Most of my time was spent on writing book reviews and creating Youtube videos. I don't have a lot of time to sketch, and much less to actually use any products enough to review them. The next review will probably be the Artisul Pencil tablet and I'm not fond of it.
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens (Grayscale Set)
- Pendorra Stylus Pen (for all platform)
- How to refill a Rotring Rapidograph
- Rotring Isograph vs Rapidograph
- Huion Inspiroy G10T Graphics Tablet (Wireless)
My Youtube channel is growing and doing well. But the journey does not get any easier. I'll have to keep up my work rate in 2017. My goal is to create 6 videos a week, or 300 videos a year.
- Wacom Bamboo Paper App Review & Walkthrough
- Sketching a Digger with Pen Ink & Daniel Smith Watercolor Sticks (tutorial)
- Epinal Town Houses Pen & Ink Sketch (tutorial)
- Alfama neighbourhood in Lisbon Sketch (timelapse)
- Book Review: John Salminen - Master of the Urban Landscape
- Chye Seng Huat Cafe Sketching (6 Dec 2016)
- How to Refill Pentel Color Brush Pen
- Review: Super5 Fountain Pen
- Looking Inside My Art Supplies Drawer (Part 1/2)
- Sketching a Crowd of People (timelapse)
- Artist Review: Pendorra Stylus Pen (for all platforms)
- Book Review: Shut Your Monkey & Your Inner Critic is a Big Jerk
- Review: Hero 501-1 Fountain Pen with Fude Nib
- Backup System and Storage Drives I Use
- Ink Review: Take-Sumi (Pilot Iroshizuku series)
- Review: Tombow Dual Brush Pen (Set of 6 Grays)
- How Often Should You Clean a Fountain Pen
- Sketching a crowded street of pedestrians (timelapse) (patreon)
- Fountain Pens for Beginners
- Neat or Loose: Do You Color Within or Outside of Line Boundaries?
- Barry Herniman's Travelling Sketchbook (book review)
- Looking Inside My Art Supplies Drawer (Part 2/2)
- Last video of 2016: A Recap
If you want to learn how to sketch, check out my video course on Gumroad. I'm planning to release a watercolour mixing course in 2017. I've already recorded a few lessons. There's no confirmed launch date. It will be out when it's out. I've actually released some of the lessons on my Patreon page, so if you're a Patreon supporter you can watch those videos in advance.
If my blog and Youtube channel has helped you this year, consider supporting my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/parkablogs
Any money raised goes towards funding the blog, hiring other artists to review stuff, and give me the freedom to create even more content.
And thanks to all who have supported me so far!
Happy holidays and have a great new year!