You can get a good idea of what the book is like from the page previews below. The book comes with a DVD as well. Reviews are available on Amazon.
Book description from Amazon:
Taking into account that many of today's digital artists -- particularly 3D character animators -- lack foundational artistic instruction, this book teaches anatomy in a coherent and succinct style. A clear writing style explains how to sculpt an accurate human figure, starting with the skeleton and working out to muscle, fat, and skin. Insightful explanations enable you to quickly and easily create and design characters that can be used in film, game, or print, and allows you to gain a strong understanding of the foundational artistic concepts.
- Understand the basic tenets of form, proportion, gesture, and rhythm
- Master basic anatomical terms for skeletal regions and muscle groups
- Break down the regions of the body into simple geometric shapes
- Begin roughing in your figure with Claytubes and other tools
- Create the impression of flesh over underlying muscle and bone
- Learn ZBrush remeshing and color-mapping techniques
- Flesh out your figure with fine detail and costuming
- Repurpose your figure for film, video games, Web, or digital output
- Build skills you can also apply to Maya®, 3ds Max, Blender, and Photoshop
Visit Amazon to check out more reviews.
If you buy from the links, I get a little commission that helps me get more books to feature.