The title of this book pretty much tells you what you can expect with the stories in the book. These are stories where you can't guess the endings.
The stories are fairy tales from around the world and retold her for young readers, 9 to 12 years of age. The stories are very imaginative and I like them as I find them amusing. Young readers may find them thrilling instead.
Just looking at the story titles are enough to make your mind imagine. These are the stories in the book:
- The Sister Who Ate Her Brothers
- The Souls Trapped Under the Ocean
- The House That Was Filled With Ghosts
- The Boy Who Tricked a Troll
- The Daughter Who Loved a Skeleton
- The Princess Who Ruled the Sea
- The Husband Who Cheated Death
- The Adults Who Lost Their Organs
- The Kingdoms at the Centre of the Earth
- The Wife Who Could Remove Her Head
- The Man Who Hunted Children
- The Son of Seven Mothers
- The Girl With the Horse's Head
- The Woman and the Glass Mountain
The stories are short and each can be read within a few minutes. There's a story with just one page. This short story format is great for children with limited attention span. All stories are also accompanied by the beautiful illustrations of Adam de Souza.
It's a great book I can recommend to young readers or for parents who want to get their children books to read.
Visit Amazon to check out more reviews.
The links below are affiliate links, which means I earn some commission from each purchase, but at no extra cost to you.