I think it's pretty cool that publisher Design Studio Press is still putting out artbooks that focus on a specific theme or concept. In this case, EXPLORER: Futuristic Vehicles for Uncharted Lands is a book on sci-fi vehicles for exploration, survey and transport.
The book's a large squarish 160-page paperback. The author Christian Grajewski (website | Instagram) is a vehicle and industrial designer. Looking at the quality of art and designs featured, you can tell Grajewski is a professional.
The designs for all the concept vehicles look amazing. There are many detailed and realistic 3D renderings to included and a few pages of concept sketches. The vehicles also have natural looking textures that make the renders look more believable.
There are also stories on the purpose of the vehicles, and design notes.
This is a wonderful artbook for those into sci-fi art or vehicle designs. Highly recommended.
If you like this book, do check out other books from DSP such as:
- Things from the Flood by Simon Stålenhag
- Tales from the Loop by Simon Stalenhag
- The Timeless Racer: Machines of a Time Traveling Speed Junkie
- KOLONIE: the forgotten frontier
- DRIVE: vehicle sketches and renderings by Scott Robertson
- Alien Race: Visual Development of an Intergalactic Adventure
- Exodyssey: Visual Development of an Epic Adventure by Steambot Studios
- Cosmic Motors
EXPLORER: Futuristic Vehicles for Uncharted Lands is available at Amazon (US | CA | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | AU | JP | CN)
Visit Amazon to check out more reviews.
The links below are affiliate links, which means I earn some commission from each purchase, but at no extra cost to you.
Here are direct links to the book:
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Amazon.fr | Amazon.it | Amazon.es | Amazon.com.au | Amazon.co.jp | Amazon.cn