This is the third book from the Sketching from the Imagination series published by 3dtotal Publishing. I love all three of them and I hope they keep coming up with more volumes.
The book is still satisfyingly thick at 320 pages. 50 artists are featured.
The sketches and artworks are really beautiful and inspiring. There's a lot of variety and the artists commentary talks about their love for sketching, inspiration and some tips. Even in black and white, the designs look terrific. Once again, I'm marvelled by the level of details and intricacy of the many sketches.
This particular volume focuses on sci-fi. I still see quite a significant portion on character designs, in sci-fi style of course. There are also the occasional mechas, sci-fi environments, alien plants, etc.
Most highly recommended to all who loves sketchbooks.
Well worth the money!
Check out these other books if you love sketching or sketchbooks:
- Sketching from the Imagination: An Insight into Creative Drawing
- Sketching from the Imagination: Fantasy
- ImagineFX Sketchbook
- Sketching Times series
- KATSUYA TERADA 10 TEN - 10 Years Retrospective -
- Mattias Unfiltered: The Sketchbook Art of Mattias Adolfsson
- Kim Jung-Gi 2007 & 2011 Sketch Collection
- Kim Jung-Gi 2013 Sketch Collection
- The First in Line
- Sketch Book for the Artist
- The Daily Zoo
- 0レンジ(オレンジ)~森本晃司作品集~ (Orange / Koji Morimoto / Scrapbook)
- All other sketchbooks
Visit Amazon to check out more reviews.
If you buy from the links, I get a little commission that helps me get more books to feature.