Digital Painting Techniques returns for the seventh volume!
It's still a thick 288-page book packed with detailed tutorials. The book is for intermediate to advanced artists so if you're just starting out, it might be slightly difficult to follow especially if you're not familiar at the fundamentals of digital painting.
For this volume, the first half of the book focuses on three main subject matter, namely vehicles, stylized female characters and pin-up girls. The second half looks at concepts and techniques on speed painting, matte painting and creating environments. About the section on the vehicles, I can definitely see the Mad Max influence or where they get their ideas from.
Below's the complete list of contents
- Design a dynamic desert vehicle
- Craft a post-apocalyptic car
- Create a dune car
- Create a hovering spaceship
- Craft a colossal floating vehicle
- Develop a vehicle for land and water
- Illustrate a powerful deforestation vehicle
Stylized Female Characters
- Research and develop to a unique brief
- Create a stunning ballerina
- Craft a period drama female
- Paint Helen of Troy
- Paint a racing-car driver
- Craft an army girl
- Render a steampunk character
- Illustrate a vintage-style girl
- Render a WW2 girl
- Paint a stylized scientist
Speed Painting Techniques
- Establish effective atmospheres
- Create a narrative illustration
- Improve your creativity
- Mythological Creatures
- Paint a Slavic spirit
- Create a Filipino witch
- Master the Greek Charybdis
- Craft a Chinese monster
Matte Painting Techniques
- Create a simple set extension
- Integrate a 3D element
- Alter the atmosphere
- Create a tsunami scene
- Create a post-earthquake city
- Craft a swampy settlement
- Paint a fantasy forest
It's another great book for honing your digital painting skills, just like all the earlier volumes.
Digital Painting Techniques: Volume 7 is available at Amazon (US | CA | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | JP | CN)
Visit Amazon to check out more reviews.
If you buy from the links, I get a little commission that helps me get more books to feature.
Here are direct links to the book:
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Amazon.fr | Amazon.it | Amazon.es | Amazon.co.jp | Amazon.cn
Add new comment