The Graphic Ink series that DC has published recently are turning out to be wonderful tributes to the amazing comic artists that are working in the industry today. This latest book that focuses on Ivan Reis is another great addition to the series.
Note that the book has 426 pages instead of whatever incorrect page numbers some websites have listed. It's a huge and thick hardcover. The print and production quality is high and it's really worth the money.
This book features selected comic stories and splash art pages and covers. The artworks are fantastic, as expected from Ivan Reis. Each page is incredibly detailed and stunning to look at. When you look at the volume of work in this book, it becomes awe inspiring. The work is really top notch, including the inks and colours by other artists.
The included stories are:
- Einstein's Monsters from The Invisibles #18 (1998)
- Recruits from Superman/Batman Secret Files (2003)
- Another Day at the Office from Action Comics #814 (2004)
- The Ravager from Teen Titans #1/2 (2004)
- Superboy and the Legion, Part Two from Teen Titans/Legion Special (2004)
- Countdown to Infinite Crisis Chapter Four from DC Countdown to Infinite Crisis #1 (2005)
- The Origin of Green Lantern from 52 #22 (2006)
- The Origins of the Justice League of America from 52 #51 (2007)
- The Origin of Parallax from Countdown #35 (2007)
- The Origin of Cyborg Superman from Countdown #13 (2008)
- Revenge of the Green Lanterns, Part Two from Green Lantern #11 (2006)
- The Man in Red from DCU Holiday Special #1 (2009)
- Into The Fire from Wildcats #9/Authority #9 (2009)
- Death Becomes Us from Blackest Night #0 (2009)
- The Trench, Part One from Aquaman #1 (2011)
- Throne of Atlantis, Part One from Justice League #15 (2013)
- House of Heroes from Multiversity #1 (2014)
- Cyborg: Sneak Peek (2015)
Visit Amazon to check out more reviews.
If you buy from the links, I get a little commission that helps me get more books to feature.