Publisher: Shueisha
Language: Japanese
ISBN-10: 4087822842
ISBN-13: 978-4087822847
ASIN: B004WTJ7X6
Release Date: 2010/7/2
Product Dimensions: 11.8 x 0.8 x 8.3 inches
Link to Amazon: JP

CLAYMORE Illustrations Memorabilia by Norihiro Yagi is a very beautiful art book. Unlike most artists today, Norihiro Yagi still works with pencils and oil paints on most of his works and he does it so well that it gives his paintings more life and depth.

The book comes with a nice A4 size and the pages are very qualitative which makes the art inside it look even better.
The book is covered with some kind of a cardboard slip case that covers 3/4 of the book and like most Japanese art books that I have seen, it has a different cover picture under the books case which I think is pretty cool looking(its like getting two covers for one book).

The book is divided by 4 parts:

The first part is for color pictures from the manga Claymore itself that contains some of the mangas cover arts and the first few color pages that sometimes appear at a new story chapter in the mangas magazine run. this is as suggested by the name of the book(Memorabilia), lets you remember the events that you experienced in the manga and for me was very fun.

In the second part of the book there are monochrome pictures that are not necessarily from Claymore but still seem to feet just fine because of Yagis good choice of them.
this monochrome pictures are very pretty and are very well made due to Yagis great style.

The third part of the book is again with color pictures but this time it has some never before seen(or yet to be seen) pictures mixed with some spreads and other color pictures from the manga itself.

the forth and last part of the book is again with monochrome pictures but this time they are only from claymore and like the third color part of the book they feature mixed new never before seen pictures with them.

Overall: I liked this book very much as both an art lover and a Claymore fan, this book was very well presented and in my opinion was very much worth its price.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply