Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Book Review: Megaman Tribute [Limited edition]
10-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Book Review: Megaman Tribute [Limited edition]
Megaman Tribute (Hard Cover limited edition)

Paperback: 300 pages
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1926778308
ISBN-13: 978-1926778303
Availability (paperback): Amazon (US | CA | UK | DE | FR | IT | JP) | Book Depository (US | UK)

(The limited edition is the same as the regualr edition in contents. the only different is the limited editon is hard cover with a sleeve and with different cover arts.)

Sorry if the picture is a bit blur, im using my cell phone for taking pics.

Hello everyone!!! im back for another book review, and its also another megaman book review. This time is the megaman Tribute artbook by Udon. The copy i got is the Special hard cover Limited Edition which is available from Udon store.

The cover of the limited edition is done by none other than Hitoshi Ariga, the artist of Megaman Megamix and Gigamix manga.

As a big megaman fan, when i know there will be a special edition for the book and the cover is done by Ariga, i know thats the version i will get. i have to say i really like it.

The cover is like many hard cover books that come with sleeve. It have a smooth surface to it and the titles from other front and back also some pics have a light gloss surface. As for the cover inside it seen to be the same as the regualr edition except with no title.

If you seen a Tribute artbook (Street fighter tribute) from udon before then you will know what to expect from this one. Its an artbook that contains art by various artist from around the world, in this case all the works here is about megaman. The book have a foreword by Ariga-san and afterword by Matt Motlan, Udon's Managing editor and an Index with all artist's name and page numbers. That also pretty much what this book have, lots just arts about megaman. Under each piece of artwork is the name of the artist and his/her website about the works also what job they have such as Illustrator or colorist.

If you are a megaman fan then all i can say is that you need to get it, the book will be a great collection to you. If you are not a fan of megaman, but if you like art then get this book a look maybe you will end up like it, specially the book have so many styles of art and i can say that no artist's work in this book looks the same.

You can buy the book from amazon for the regular edition - http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-Tribute-UDON/dp/1926778308

or

if you want the hard cover limited edition, you can get from the udon store - http://www.udonstore.com/Mega-Man-Tribut...ive-hc.htm

below is the photos i took Smile

[Image: frontcover.jpg]
The cover

[Image: fronthardcover.jpg]
the hard cover inside

[Image: backhardcover.jpg]
The back of the hard cover

[Image: backcover.jpg]
back cover to the book

[Image: preview3.jpg]

[Image: preview2.jpg]

[Image: preview1.jpg]

[Image: spine.jpg]
I took the picture of the spine incase if someone wanted to know how they look.

[Image: extra.jpg]
i dont know if that what udon store usually do or because its my first order from them, but they send me some extra swags with my orderBig Grin.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2011, 06:55 AM
RE: Book Review: Megaman Tribute [Limited edition]
Hmmmm, I can't immediately tell from the pic, but is the binding sewn or glued?
11-08-2011, 08:47 AM
RE: Book Review: Megaman Tribute [Limited edition]
(11-08-2011 06:55 AM)fleggett Wrote:  Hmmmm, I can't immediately tell from the pic, but is the binding sewn or glued?

i believe it sewn. i didnt see any glue like my other udon artbook.