Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Book Review: The Art Of PSG VOL.1
17-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Book Review: The Art Of PSG VOL.1
The Art Of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt Vol.1 - Collection of Initial Design

It's an exciting book for what I find, and exciting trolling interesting ridicules series (*after posting, realizes how much of an over statement this is due to being swept away with joy of receiving Item*). Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt IS:
An anime with Western cartoon Influence, a Gir look-a-like, It's Conception (inspiration...whetever..) Sprang from the heads of Gainax Creatives While watching "Drawn Together" Thinking 'why don't we ever do something absurd and crude' and people that watch it apparently fall into 2 groups Love it OR Hate it. Now go take a Look At the Pictures. cause that might be the only thing you'll like from PSG[/.

Paperback - 148 pages
Publisher - Ben-K 00
Presented by Geek Fleet
Language - Japanese
Dimension - 29.5 x 21 x 1.3 cm

Good quality paperback, black&white CONCEPT SKETCHES/DEVELOPMENT, a majority for characters Panty & Stocking, others include.... basically the main characters in the show. At the Beginning of each Chapter, There are a couple of Coloured pages.

Contents:
004 - Forward
005 - Chapter.1 Atsushi Nishigori
071 - Chapter.2 Hiroyuki Imaishi
101 - Chapter.3 You Yoshinari
133 - Chapter.4 Shigeto Koyama
148 - STAFF

This Book Does NOT have an ISBN (It does however, have an ICBM, which is Gainax being Gainax) It was Sold at Comiket 79...It's probably categorised as a DOUJIN. So it's HARD TO FIND...I'm so glad I stayed up searching for it I really like this book....Apologies for the CRAP Photos, The book really does have more to offer than what I've shown.

So If You're looking for The Art of PSG Vol.1 (I wanna cry, there's going to be no end to this urge of, gotta' collect them all) Best Bets ARE:
  • Lurking Mandarake
  • Lurking Yahoo Auctions via "Japan Deputy Service" (google that)
  • OR Hunting it down In Japan Yourself

As I'm Posting this AnimeBooks Has ONE copy, for The extravagant Price of US$150 HERE (any rich folk around?)

*NOTE: When Searching, The Books Conventional Title is "The Art of PSG".
Also *cough*theres some scans floating around the net*cough* The Art of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt vol.1

COVER

CHAPTER.1 ATSUSHI NISHIGORI

CHAPTER.2 HIROYUKI IMAISHI

CHAPTER.3 YOU YOSHINARI

CHAPTER.4 SHIGETO KOYAMA this section pre-production for the ending theme.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2011, 06:51 PM
RE: Book Review: The Art Of PSG VOL.1
A better level-headed review HERE.
1 Currently available At Mandarake.
Also....I just realised that including "Vol.1" into the title is probably Gainax trolling.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply