This is a terrific video game art book for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. It's a huge 200-page hardcover published by IDW. Very appropriate considering the size of the Transformers.
The book features the concept paintings and sketches for the numerous Autobots and Decepticons, environment art of space and cities, and lots of commentary. It's all art from the first to the last page.
The art is awesome, epic. Everything is of a grand scale. The overall feel is textured and gritty. The environment art are wonderful. There are devastated war zones, futuristic but gloomy robot cities, and also interiors for some places.
All the Transformers have new cool designs for the game. Most transform into vehicles or planes. Soundwave is now a car. Everything looks very different from the Michael Bay movies. Each Transformer is printed huge on a page by itself and there are different views of the transformed state. My favourites are the Dinobots concept art. Megatron is menacing but so are the rest of the Transformers. The other awesome piece is of the giant Metroplex.
One thing is for certain, you don't have to play the game to enjoy the concept art.
Highly recommended to all Transformers fans and art book collectors.
Visit Amazon to check out more reviews.
Buy from the links to support the blog.
IDW has also put out a limited edition for this book, sold only at
- Special handbuilt custom-designed slipcase
- Ten special edition lithographs housed in a hardcover portfolio
- Custom, exclusive to IDW Limited cover in metallic ink
- Vellum overlay of the title page
- Brand-new endpages designed to mirror the style of the slipcase and portfolio
- Stamped with the IDW Limited Red Foil Imprint
- Red satin ribbon bookmark