This contest is closed. Find out who the winners are here.
Here's the 4th Favourite Art Books contest!
In 2008, there were only 16 participants. In 2010, it grew 106 participants! That's quite an increase.
These contests are made possible because of your support. There are many ways to support, such as:
- Buying books (or anything) using the links on the blog
- Linking back
- Hitting the Facebook Like button
- Subscribing to the RSS
- Reviewing a book on the forum
- Following me on Twitter
- Joining as a blog follower with the Google Friend Connect widget
- Throwing me helpful vote on Amazon
Alright, here's how to join this contest.
- List 3 of your favourite art books from 2011. To help you recall, check out the list of art books from 2011. Add a few sentences on why you like them in the comments section.
- For contact purposes, leave your email in the appropriate text box of the form.
- Two winners will be chosen randomly
- Prize: The winner will get to choose any artbook(s) from the list of books reviewed or the list of upcoming books worth $50
- This contest is open to everyone
- Results will be announced after the deadline which is 31 Dec 2011
To serve as an example, let me start with my 10 favourite art books.
Everything Is Its Own Reward: An All Over Coffee Collection
This is my #1 favourite art book of the year. It's a sketchbook by Paul Madonna. Looking at the sketches makes me feel like I'm standing in San Francisco.
All of Fabrice Moireau's sketchbooks are wonderful. I love his watercolours and pencils. I wish he comes up with a book every year.
The First In Line
The drawings are lovely, imaginative and inspiring. Ideas are wacky and whimsical. Line work is detailed and the subdued watercolour works really well. It's real fun to look different characters and creations, and their personalities.